With the increasing population in urban cities, people are relying highly on shared accommodations. Mainly metropolitan cities are the centres of shared rental spaces due to the presence of prestigious educational institutions and prominent companies which may provide employment opportunities. However, there are some differences between different types of rental accommodations.
In this article, we will be discussing Coliving Spaces Vs Hostels in detail. We will discuss the concept, benefits and limitations of both Coliving Spaces and Hostels. It will help you in understanding two existing types of rental accommodations. Let’s find out the differences between these two so that you can make an informed decision before you actually rent the space.
Concept of Coliving Space
The concept of Coliving Space is a blend of many factors such as community, freedom, flexibility and affordability. Coliving Space is a well-designed and fully-furnished space offering professional services, unlimited amenities and collaboration opportunities with influential personalities. It is suitable for students, working professionals, digital nomads, friends and couples etc. It promotes a hassle-free, flexible and healthy lifestyle.
Residents can enjoy top-notch amenities such as spacious rooms, free wifi, delicious meals, laundry services, housekeeping services, common movie halls, terrace lounges, fitness rooms, swimming pool and most importantly invaluable networking opportunities. All the amenities are provided to you within the monthly rent and no extra charges are taken for repairing & maintenance.
It feels like a celebration every day in coliving spaces with frequent social gatherings and cultural events. You don’t have to bear any scrutiny and strict house rules in a coliving space. The homely ambience, positive vibes and fresh atmosphere are too lively to give up on.
Benefits of Coliving Space:
- Suitable for both short-term and long-term stays
- Provided with top-notch amenities under your budget
- Well-maintained, fully-equipped and hygienic coliving properties
- Promotes a healthy, safe, lively and comfortable lifestyle
- Interaction with like-minded people belonging to diverse backgrounds
- Recreational facilities such as gaming zones, terrace lounges, fitness rooms, swimming pools etc.
- Various social and cultural events are organized to keep you entertained
- Introduces many networking and collaboration opportunities
Concept of Hostel
The concept of a hostel is older than coliving space and is known globally. Space and amenities are shared by various people. It has dorm-style beds and a single room is allotted to 4-8 peoples. There is no housekeeping service, laundry service, gyms, terrace lounges, swimming pools and other luxuries. But it does have common areas where people can sit, talk, watch movies and eat together.
Mainly, hostels are for short-term and low-cost shared lodging where you can rent a bed. The dining area, laundry room, bathrooms, and common halls are shared by people in the hostel.
One has to do all the chores by himself/herself in this type of rental accommodation. Although there have been several updates in the services, facilities and amenities of hostels. You can expect trending interiors, spacious rooms, more amenities and services in the modern hostels.
Benefits of Hostel:
- From travellers to designers, you meet a lot of people from all over the world
- It is one of the cheapest rental accommodation options
- A sense of self-reliance and independence is achieved
- Quality of cooperation is introduced in an individual’s personality
- Basic amenities are provided such as power supply, water supply, wifi, bed, cupboard, light, fan and many others
Limitations of Hostel:
- The environment inside hostels is not very much hygienic
- Constant parties in at least one of the rooms in the hostel is very common
- Lack of privacy
- Limited amenities
Which one is the best for you?
If you are looking for rental accommodation for a shorter period of time then you can go with a hostel. Hostels are comparatively cheaper than coliving spaces but offer very limited amenities. Hostels do not offer any of the household luxuries, unlike coliving spaces.
On the other hand, if you are looking for a rental space for a longer period of time, then you can go with a coliving space. Coliving spaces offer unlimited amenities and luxuries of life but their rent is comparatively more. Both hostels and coliving spaces have their own set of benefits and limitations which we have discussed in detail. In the end, it depends totally on your budget. convenience and requirement. Choose wisely!